Tuesday, August 23, 2011

happy early birthday, gpc

one of my dearest sisters, gpc, will be turning 30 this year. i had the wonderful opportunity, along with 2 other sisters, to spend 2 full days with gpc. what made is that much more special was that she doesn't live in CA but was in town to celebrate with her siblings. 

Note: her birthday is actually in december, but due to scheduling and everyone's busy lives, we figured august would be better. 

Friday, August 19th - a full day in orange county

birthday girl with her alderwood smoked salmon hash

life's a piece of cake with the hazelnut pancakes

fellow mental healthie with campfire trout

s. berry with the coconut french toast with fruit

NOTE: GPC is a very active girl. She likes to ride bikes, go swimming, and do other active things. So in light of her birthday, we did some of her favorite things:
So, after our loverly breakfast, we went to Newport, rented bikes, $5/hour! From Newport, we biked to Huntington… apparently, as another person confirmed with me, it was roughly 10 miles back and forth. Keep in mind, I haven't biked in yeaaars – like yeaaaars… let's just say, when b. berry saw the picture of me on the bike, he LOL'd like craaaaazy.

The three of us, less the picture-taker, S

The 19 week prego who stupidly forgot to put sunscreen on her back. LOOK HOT GINORMOUS MY ARMS ARE… UGH.

The three friends – see my red sox hat ?? hollaaaaa ::: Note: fellow mental healthie went to BC too!!!

DINNER – BOILING CRAB, admittedly, it was the berries' first time and we loved it.

Saturday, August 20 – a full day in Corona, CA
We three ladies thought it would be nice to have a full day of activity (A's idea) and then a day of relaxation (my idea) J. Can I just say, I loved that my fellow mental healthie went along? Because of S, I was able to just lounge, while GPC & A went swimming… okay, who goes SWIMMING at a SPA??? Yea, my friends do.

Back to the story. We found an amazing package: massage or facial + $20 lunch credit + grotto for $180, I think? I ended up getting a facial instead of going to the grotto. TOTALLY LOVED IT, by the way. We got massages in the morning and then hung out and ate this fantastic lunch.


Chicken Nacho's    +    Greek Salad

                                            Naked Waldorf        +    Margherite Pizza
    
DONE-SKIEEEES

The best part was the mud area, included with our treatments. Loved it! My skin is still soft from this treatment!
Although I would recommend you NOT wearing a tankini… wear a triangle top… it's so much easier to get the mud out…

S, GPC, A & S. Berry
After a full day + dinner at rosine's to follow, the 4 friends leave and say farewell to GPC
I love you!

4 comments:

  1. Good times, good times! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbie you look great! I would even say that you have lost weight! I LOVE the pic of you on the bike....quite funny.....would have never pictured it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. love love love!!! i so miss the spa... shall we make an annual event?! :) THANKS again for everything, guys! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahaa :) thanks jessica. i know i owe you an e-mail and A's present is still incomplete. don't hate me! :) love you guys!

    ReplyDelete