I love school. I love homework. I love planners and organizers. For some time now, I have been toying with the idea of going back to school to further my education. I have a friend who is also a school-addict and she's a mother of two. She has multiple degrees and yet manages to raise her two lovely kids.
After talking to B. Berry, we decided that I could apply and consider what to do if I gain admission. I applied to 2 programs: a Masters in Marriage and Family Therapy [MFT] or a credential in School Psychology. Both programs called for an interview before they made the final decision. My lovely friend, G, did the painstaking task of editing my essays. Shortly after submitting my applications, I received an invitation to interview to both programs! What a blessing and a shock all at the same time!
This past Saturday, March 12, I interviewed for the School Psychology Program. I walked out of the interview room not sure what to expect, and knew that they would be making their final decision in a week (this week!). I received an e-mail from the School Psychology Program yesterday, admitting me to their program for this fall! I'm still in shock and so thankful for this new stage.
B. Berry and I agreed that while I have this opportunity, I should take it. We also decided that I should decline the interview for the MFT program, since my first choice was school psychology. More [interesting] updates to come as I prepare for school, hopefully find a full time job for the fall, and raise my little boy.
speaking of my little boy...
i found out today that YESTERDAY at day care, another kid bit him on his back. surprisingly, i wasn't too upset but i think the day care folks thought i would be. go figure that i didn't even notice it when we gave him a bath last night. poor thing. he's been showing a lot of his personality these days. so far, i'd say he gets easily frustrated and is definitely stubborn. BUT, he's also incredibly affectionate and happy. i'm interested to see what kind of boy he grows up to be. we adult berry's have our work cut out for us...
CONGRATS!!! Wow, that's wonderful but also scary. :) Hope the transition goes smoothly for all of you.
ReplyDelete