in west philadelphia born and raised ...
okay, so not really. more like in east orange county born and raised, but you get the gist. Interestingly, everytime I meet east coast folk, they always assume I'm from the East. I think it goes without saying that I LOVE that assumption about me. But onto more interesting details about my life. Our family had the rare opportunity to fly out to philadelphia to spend some time with close family friends. [Note: calling people close family friends all the time is so strange. I will just say they are family :)]
the purpose of the trip was to catch up with them, since we hadn't seen the fam in such a long time, almost 2 years! in those two years, so much changed. we flew out with our L. Berry (of course) and all their kiddos grew up and are soooo big!
(EDIT: so after loading this entry, I realized it’s waaaay to big, so I’m going to break it up in pieces)
Tuesday, April 19
It took us about 5 hours to get to Philadelphia, PA and we were warmly greeted by R, our male host, and his oldest son, Bookworm. No pictures because we had two duffle bags, two backpacks and a 27lb toddler that was trying to run around as much as he could b/c he was couped up on the plane. 20 minutes later, we got home and were greeted by all the kids and my wonderful mentor/sister, W.
Wednesday, April 20
My Birthday. I can't believe I'm 28. Now, i know that's not old, but compared to my 28yo friends, I feel so old! It's probably b/c I have a kid and most of them don't. In any case, my birthday was filled with many blessings, especially this year. I just wish I would've been able to capture all the memories on camera. I am a very blessed woman, mommy and wife. I have a wonderful “baby” boy and a fantastic husband that not only loves me, but more importantly loves Jesus.
Days Events: We went to the park on my birthday and were in for a BIIIG surprise when the humidity kicked up in a manner of SECONDS. Poor L. Berry. He was sweating up a storm, but drinking lots of water. we were able to get a few shots of my little berry and their little princess.
suspiciously looking at mommy while princess S. smiles on
L. Berry looking STRAIGHT at the camera with that amazing smile! I love this kid!
:) Love his smiley face & his expressions. :)
After the Park: We came home and I walked into a silly string fiasco! (that is what is in Mr. Berry's hair). We had a blast, but the clean up was horrible. Thanks R&W for letting us trash your living room!!
Birthday Girl & the Planner, Mr. Berry
All the berries: S. Berry, B. Berry, & L. Berry
My FAVORITE kiddos. I hope my family looks like this one day. These kids are incredible - they are compassionate, loving, smart and wonderful. I love them sooo much!!
The Berries + Bookworm, Princess, and the "Big Boy" (hates it when you call him baby!)
Evening Events: our hosts, R&W, they bought us a groupon to this fantastic restaurant, Bridget’s, in Ambler, PA. We had an appetizer, too, but I didn't get a picture of it b/c we were STARVING! :) Calamari, ala east coast... delish!
Happy Birthday to Me :) I haven’t had a drink like this in a LOOONG time. :)
[my hair was incredibly frizzy due to the aforementioned humidity]
Dinner: 2 lobsters, 1 5oz filet, potatoes au gratin under the grilled asparagus. On the right? My favorite… grilled shrimp & scallops. I LOVE EAST COAST SEAFOOD!!!
What good is dinner w/o dessert? Mango Crème Brulee :) Yum.
Thank you for making this birthday so memorable. I was incredibly blessed and overwhelmed by the mail, the gifts and most importantly the time we spent together. To wonderful friends & family both near and far, we love love love you.
omg that seafood looks AH_MAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i'm dying in my own pool of drool. heck ya i'm jealous. ahhaha jk I'm glad you had such a wonderful bday!
ReplyDelete