Okay, before I start, let me just say, I have been couponing since I was a kid with my mom. I didn't actually hear about this show until someone from my small group asked me if i watch it. apparently it reminded them of me.
I watched an episode last night and decided that I would give it an honest go. I don't plan to do the stockpiling or anything crazy of the sort, but I would like to maximize my current grocery budget. Also, after watching a few episodes, there are some general themes that I think anyone can take away. Here are the ones most relevant to me:
- Planning is Key.
- Knowing what the rules are - whether you can stack, whether the store doubles, etc.
- Most of the extreme couponers seem to have started due to some financial constraint on their family's budget.
So I decided to use some of my birthday $$ to begin my own couponing thing. I'll try to update accordingly. I've been trying to find something I can write about, other than my myself and family, and I think I've found it.
For now, I have purchased the components for the binder and will be converting my accordian file to the binder this week. I plan to get everything in order by Sunday, b/c I will be getting coupons on Sunday. :) It's crazy, but I'm actually learning some practical tips from the show. Hopefully I'll be able to blog about them.
TO COME: Pictures and Posts from our trip to Philadelphia, PA
You actually inspired me to coupon too. We saved over $40 at Target the other day for items we normally buy anyway. I took your advice and spent a few minutes planning before we left the house. The actual shopping was super fun -- it suddenly felt like we were on a scavenger hunt. Looking forward to learning more about COUPONS from you! :)
ReplyDelete