Friday, February 15, 2013

mini spool magnets!

I would not DARE say I am a crafter - more of a scrapbooker. what's the difference you may ask? Well, the latter is more specific - being "crafty" in the world that i speak of, not the sly definition, implies that you are a jack of all trades - different mediums, which include, but are not limited to sewing, cake decorating, and beading etc. I'm more of a paper & stamps kind of girl. 

HOWEVER, i think this project I found on the Twinery's blog site is beginning to make me WANT to be more crafty. The specific project can be found here: The Twinery: Mini Spool Magnets.

My close friend, but more like a sister, Grace, and I spent about a total of 20 minutes putting these together. I think it would take LESS time, but we had 3 children under the age of 3 to deal with, so that's probably why it took FOREVER! :D The supply list and costs can be found underneath the picture. For a step by step tutorial, check out the link above. 

Our Final Product(s) with the materials::


mini spools - purchased at Michael's w/ a coupon ... TOTAL COST?? $1.50!!
magnets  - the twinery has a link for theirs, but after reading reviews, i decided to go w/ the bigger ones & i'm glad i did! $10 on amazon, b/c i went with the larger size. 
twine - where else, but from: THE TWINERY. i <3 <3 <3 the colors!! the gray one in the pic is NOT from the twinery. :)
hot glue gun - had one at home, but can be purchased for super cheap at Walmart & the little glue refills
crafting glue - i used Aileen's glue (the gold bottle) although the Twinery recommends Martha Stewart. No thanks, Martha. I'm going w/ the old school goods.

1 comment: